Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Anonymous - By Tess Moody

Today is a very special day!  My friend, Tess, has stopped by to promote her new book.  You can check out her author website: here
If you stop by Tessa's blog between now and July 1 and leave a comment that you saw her here, you will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of the new book.  What are you waiting for?? click here to leave her a comment.
Tess was kind enough to answer some questions about the book, her writing, and more

what is the book about?
Anonymous is about a blogger named Paige McDonald.  Paige's blog is well-known and when one of her reader's obsession with her goes too far, Paige finds herself in danger. Soon, other bloggers start turning up dead. Paige has to decide if blogging is worth risking her life.


Where did you get the idea for the plot?
I'm always thinking of story ideas in every day life events. I like to read big time bloggers blogs and when I had a "troll" on my blog awhile back, I connected the two and came up with a story line from them. Just for fun, I named some characters after bloggers that I read, and used the personality of others.


 Does your family support you when you are writing a book? How?
 My hubby does think that all artist are starving artists, but he knows I have to write and he is ok with it. My dad is a big supporter of creativity, so he has my back whenever I get the creativity itch. Everyone in the family shows up for my book signings for support-that is a big help to me.



Have you written any other books?
Yes. I wrote two other books, The Accident and I'm a Work at Home Mommy-You Can Be Too! (that's a mouthful!)



 Do you have any more books planned?
I do. I have a series titled, The Coconut Hut Club. They are not detectives by far, but they seem to get caught up in solving cases related to their occupations. They share their crazy experiences with each other over drinks at a tacky bar called The Coconut Hut, where they meet once a week.

In The Wedding, (first book of the series) it’s Alex's turn. She’s a wedding photographer, who manages to get caught up in a wild mystery while photographing a high society wedding.


What do you do when you aren’t writing?
I am a mom of three children, Jessica (20), Jordon (14) and Emily (5) and a grandma to an orney two-year-old, Zachary. I'm also a photographer and graphic artist.



If you could meet one author, dead or alive, who would it be?
It used to be J.K. Rowling, but now it would have to be Stephenie Meyer. She is my idol because she's down to earth and she listened to her dreams!



Anything else you want the world to know?
Hmm, I guess if you want to know about a person who likes to look at the funny side of life, read my blog-and I'm always open to suggestions as long as they come with a box of chocolate.

No comments: