Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy Weekend....

Thursday and Friday Lyric was in the high school play.  She did a great job and it was really fun to see her "in her element".  After the show Friday, we did the usual Dairy Queen trip.  It was even fun for me this time because I had two of my very best friends with me!  These are the two friends that I referred to earlier that are getting married next year.  i love them both so much and even though we have had  times when we haven't been in touch much, they are back in my life and I'm so glad.  Maybe we just needed to have the seperation so we could realize how important we truly are to each other.  I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Saturday was pretty laid back.  We went to see New Moon in the afternoon.  It was great!  A little slow at the begininng (I was ready for some action and special effects) but overall, I think it was a decent movie.  Jazz wants to see it again and even asked if she could add it to her Christmas list.  I told her she could, but it wouldn't be on DVD before Christmas.  She was crushed.  Almost as much as when she realized (this weekend) that the tooth fairy isn't real.  Yeah, I'm a bad mom/tooth fairy and forgot to put the dollor under the pillow.  I forget that she's still a little girl.  Anyway, Fisher tried to cover because she put the tooth under her pillow again last night.  We can hang onto the fairy tale a little bit longer.

Yesterday was a church and homework day.  I finished my chemistry paper and then found out that I have to write a paper for Microbes.  YIKES!  I'm so done with papers.  I can't wait for the semester to be over.  16 days and I'm free for about a month.  I'll be enjoying every one of the off days!

Lyric and I did run down and see the holiday kick off parade.  It was nice because it wasn't as cold this year as it has been in past years.

And now it is Monday and we're back to the grind.  Actually the girls only have two days of school this week.  It will be nice for them to have a whole bunch of down time.

No comments: