Monday, June 01, 2009

Without Technology

some of you may have seen my facebook update: my ipod touch is in the shop. Yup, the little sucker locked up on Thursday night. I freaked. Ran it out to Best Buy. They don't do automatic replacements anymore. They are sending it out. If it can't be fixed, I'll get new. Otherwise it will be spiffed up. But that was three days ago. They said it would come back in 3-5. I'm really feeling a little mental about the whole thing. My ipod is my constant companion. For music, games, lists, address book, countdowns, whatever I needed, there it was. I feel like I lost an arm or something. It's weird.

Since we were running, I took Jazz's ipod nano, that used to be Lyric's before she got her touch. It was locking up and the screen was going dark. She was so tickled that she got the automatic replacement. She now has the green nano. The rectangle shaped one that you shake?!? Yup. She got to pick out her own color. And when we got home, I put "her" songs on it right away. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Demi Lavato, Twilight soundtrack, Wicked, and a few others. I mean, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't give her some Rick Springfield!?

And my cell phone is currently out. I have a loaner phone. My phone should be back in about a month. That was a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if it will be back before we go on vacation??

What's up with me and technology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, totally know what you mean. Someone stole mine at the gym a few months ago and I was sooo lost. I actually ended up fixing my husband's "broken" iPod shuffle and so he gave me his nano and took the shuffle and I was groovin again. But that week without one was scary.

lynn said...

It's amazing how addicted we get to "things"! Right now I just have a namo but I'd love something that could do more. Even my cell...I'd be lost without it. What did we ever do before? LOL