Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dirty Martini Review

JA Konrath- Dirty Martini

I have been waiting for this book for a year. And it was worth the wait. I have read all of JA Konrath’s books, and honestly, I can’t remember how I started with him, but I’m glad that I did. They always leave me laughing, crying and wanting more. Definitely a fun ride, if you're willing to take the chance.

Dirty Martini is a continuation of the story of Lieutenant Jack Daniels, who is a tough cop, dealing with all the slime balls in Chicago. Oh, did I mention that Jack is a woman?! You go, girl! Jack’s boyfriend wants to get married, but she’s more of the once burned, twice shy school. Then she finds out something about her parentage that throws her for a loop. And at the same time, the Chemist is poisoning food all over Chicago. The guilt is multiplied when Latham gets sick at the hands of the Chemist, and is rushed to the hospital.

What will she do? Will she accept Latham’s proposal? Will she find out the truth about her parents? Will she save Chicago? I was unable to put this book down for little more than eating and potty breaks. I wanted to devour it, not literally. But...wait, there are no buts here. This is one of the best books I have read so far this year, and if you know anything at all about me, you know that is a lot! I love a good book that makes me think. I was trying to figure out who the Chemist was from the get go. And I must admit, I was wrong, but it was still worth reading. I'm already counting down for the next book, and I'm not even sure if it has been written yet....

Dirty Martini is a great story all by itself, but I recommend reading the series.
Whiskey Sour
Bloody Mary
Rusty Nail


You can get more information, and sign up for JA’s newsletter at http://www.jakonrath.com/

No comments: