Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up

Jazz is going to be 11 in less than two months.  We were looking at photos the other day because she is "star of the week" and I just can't even believe that she has come so far.  And it makes me sad, as a mom, that I have such a hard time remembering her as a baby.  The photos help and we tell stories, but I can't really just sit back and remember my baby.  It might have something to do with the post partum depression I lived with.

But anyway, now that she is such a "big" girl, she has discovered her own clothing style.  She's also playing with makeup.  She likes this red lipstick that I got (but haven't worn myself) and she likes eye make up and she just wants to be pretty.  She's always had her own clothing style.  The other day she mixed and matched something and Lyric looked at her, then looked at me and said "Why do you let her dress like that?" 

There is a fine line between letting her have her own style and making sure she doesn't make a fool of herself.  It's a very very fine line.  I've always said that as long as it is "weather" appropriate, the girls can wear whatever they want. 

So, should I let her continue to have her own style and deal, or should I guide a little more towards what I think is appropriate!??  I need some help here, moms.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think it's important to let them express themselves and have their own style...as long as it's within reason. My two girls are complete opposites when it comes to style, but they are both unique in what they like and don't like.

Let her have fun!

lynn said...

I say as long as it's age appropriate, not revealing and doesn't have inappropriate graphics or wording on it let her express herself. Gotta learn to pick our battles, right? And I don't think clothing needs to be one unless it gets out of hand.