Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Countdown to the Wedding...

My best friend is getting married in September.  I have known her since I was 14.  I was the maid of honor for her first wedding.  and I get to be maid of honor for the second (and hopefully last!) one.  We got together with her mom and my mom over the weekend and started banging out some plans.  She is completely and totally overwhelmed. She said we asked too many questions.  LOL

Anyway, the wedding is this fall.  The colors are red and black (she's wearing black, we are wearing red).  It's going to be basically outside. The ceremony will actually take place inside but the other stuff will be outside.  I will post pix of stuff as it comes about.  We are going on the 17th to pick out our dresses.  we are looking at picking patterns and having the dresses made.  each girl will be able to pick a pattern they like and we will get the same material for all.

Both of my girls are participating as well.  Jazz is going to be a junior bridesmaid, Lyric is going to sing and play the keyboard.  (We are calling her the wedding pop star).

I'm excited for my friends, even with all the mess that is my life right now.  They have been together for 15 yeras and been through a whole lot of crap. I'm happy to be able to help support her and celebrate with her.  Maybe someday she will be able to return the favor.

2 comments:

lynn said...

Congrats to your friends! Have fun planning the wedding.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your friend's wedding! Weddings are so fun!

My novel is out!
www.TeresaMoodyAuthor.com
or, enter to win a free one on my blog!