Monday, November 19, 2007

NaNoWriMo...and more...and more

Wow, this writing thing is crazy. I've actually been disciplined enough to write 6 out of the past 7 days. Go me! I'm trying to stay on task for my total word count of 50,000, but I'm hand writing so it's hard to say if I am or not. Mostly what I've done is written a page, counted the actual words on that page, and then guestimated for the rest of the pages in that notebook. So, I could be over or under my word count and not know it. I'm hoping to transfer everything over to computer over the next week or so, so I really know what my word count is. And if I hit 50,000, I want that certificate darn it!

So, I'm off to continue writing...and writing...and writing....wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! I don't know how I could do it if I were handwriting. I'd have the mother of all writer's cramp! I think I have repetitive strain in my left pinkie from doing this as it is, and I write for a living! ;O)

I filed over 50K yesterday, so it's a done deal. My story is far from over however.

May the muse be with you!

Aim said...

Karen~ I tried to respond to you,via email, but my Gmail never lets that happen. Good job on the 50k! Next year, we are so gonna be buddies. I've actually spend the last week or so focusing on my previous/first novel, and it is getting closer to being done. I'm planning to self publish. my goal was never to be a big time paid author, (which would be nice) but just to publish a book.