Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy Friday

I know that all of my faithful readers have been wondering all day where I was, because even though I posted that I might not be around as much, I still have been. And I know you were all starting to get worried about me because it is already almost 4pm and still no post. I know that you want the scoop, because I always have a story.

Well, let me tell you where I wasn't- I wasn't on a plane to Greece, I wasn't at a Rick Springfield show, I wasn't at home sleeping off a hangover, and I wasn't holed up in a room writing the great American novel.

Where I was- sitting in a doctor's office, waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I expect to wait when I take the kids in last minute. I expect to wait when we go to Convient Care. I even expect to wait if I show up at the wrong time. I do not expect to wait when I have an appointment! We waited for an hour past our time. I could have totally worked for another 30-45 minutes if I knew we were going to be so far off schedule. I HATE WAITING.

Good things did come of it, except for Jazz's sprained ankle, which we kind of already knew. I got some questions answered about Jazz (and Lyric too) and we are following up on the tummy ache issue. She may have a slow GI tract, but I'm sure that will be another post, another day.:-)

After finishing with the Dr, we went to X-ray so we could check on the affore mentioned GI tract issue. Ha, the x-ray tech was at lunch and wouldn't be back for 30 minutes! I'm not waiting. NOT WAITING. So we have to do that either tonight or tomorrow at the clinic.

Got Jazz back to school, came back to work, and was called into a meeting right away. On the other side of the building. Ran up to the meeting, scarfed (is that a word?) some food and then back to my desk. I so need a drink after this day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Geez! You really need a weekend! ;-) I hope you don't have to wait when you get the x-rays!

Helene said...

UGH, truly there is nothing worse than waiting when you already have an appt. I always try to schedule dr's appts first thing in the morning so I'm always stunned when it's 9:00 am and they're still running late. Hope you got that drink you so deserved!!!!

AudreyO said...

I too have always wondered how doctors can keep people waiting so long. I know emergencies come up, so do they. I'm not sure I have ever been in the Dr's office and not seen emergencies come up. Why not allow for it? Even you allow 5 minutes each hour, at the end of the 8 hour day you'll have allowed 40 minutes for a few emergencies.

Unknown said...

I am so with you... I hate waiting! And allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time you waited?

Bah!

That really stinks.
tracy