Monday, May 18, 2009

Crate Stacking Fun

This weekend, I went to our Girl Scout Camp and learned how to do this. Crate stacking. You know, the "old Fashioned" milk crates??! Yup, hook yourself up to a harness and start climbing. What you may not know is I have a horrible fear of heights. But I thought that this would be a fun activity for my girl scouts, so I sucked it up and went to the training. I didn't have my camera with me (mom borrowed it for a wedding she was doing) but I found this photo.

We didn't stand on top of the crates, but some girls do. I was able to complete 9 crates before I lsot my balance. That's really high!

If the person with the rope knows what they are doing, you get let down very slowly when you lose your balance.

I'm really excited to do this again. We are signed up for August (at our Camporee) but I might have to take the girls out there before that. I think they will really like it. It will get them out of there element a little bit, and give them a new opportunity. Hubby even said he'd like to be there if I do it again. I told him we could go out anytime.

I'll be sure to take photos next time!

BTW- Happy Birthday to Fisher! Today he is...still older than me!

3 comments:

lynn said...

You must take pictures next time! I've stood on one crate at work.......they just don't seem sturdy enough to go any higher!

Annette Piper said...

Hmmm, I'm a bit frightened of heights myself - 9 crates sounds REALLY high!-

Moms On The Go said...

I think I would like to watch it, but if I had to do it I might throw up!