Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've Been Thinking....

those of you that know me well, know that that can be a very scary thing :-) I"ve been thinking about a couple of new things for the blog.

One is a weekly guest. Other blogs do it, and I did have a very nice guest this week, so I thought I could start it as a semi-regular feature. But I don't want it to be a typical "Why did you start your blog/what advice would you give new bloggers" guest spot, so I have to think on that one a little bit more. Maybe I need a Thinking Chair Like this .

The other thing I've been throwing around is a photo blog. I know that my photos wouldn't be as good as some of these but it would still be fun. Everything always seems to be themed and sometimes the randomness of the world is fun. Of course, it would be called Random Photos or something like that.

and the last thing I've been thinking about is school. Do I want to continue?! The hoops you have to jump through to maybe get into a nursing program are crazy. and in the mean time, I'm losing out on things with the family. I missed Lyric's performance at school this week because of school. it's just one performance, but next year she will be in high school and I want to watch her enjoy those year and really get to see her bloom into a wonderful young woman. So, I think instead of pushing so hard and trying to get into "ANY" program, I'm going to focus on the closest one and see what happens. There are other options and maybe it's okay that I'm just a wife, mother, girl scout leader, First aid instructor, secretary and friend.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I have been considering a second blog also for pictures, but the time on my hands ( or lack thereof) has kept me procrastinating.

lynn said...

Thanks for the shoutout/compliment! you know I'd be all for you doing a photography blog! And the more photos you take the better you'll get.

I hear you about the whole school and career thing. It's tough to find the right balance sometimes and be satisfied with the choices we make.

Unknown said...

It's scary to not know what to decide to do with your life. I am going through some dilemas about that too.

DawnS said...

Hello, stopping by from FMFY and am looking forward to reading up on your blog. When I make big decisions I try to reflect on what things REALLY matter... either way these are tough decisions!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Hi, I saw your blog (listed as one of Kristen Andrew's favs) and thought I would drop in and say hello. I'll look at the LuLu store tomorrow.
I love the way you write....
Looking forward to reading more.
♥,Lilly

Stacy Uncorked said...

Stopping by from MBC's FYFM - love your blog! :)