Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Are You a Fishful Thinker??

I've seen the Goldfish thingy on more than one blog, but never really paid a lot of attention. Then today I got my weekly dose of Mommy Track'd and there it was again. So, I decided to check it out in my free time. :-)

I am now an Ambassador or Fishful Thinking through Repnation. There are incentives that can be earned by helping to drive up the web traffic (so please feel free to clink on the link to the right)

But also, I like the message that they are trying to spread "...to raise confident children who have the tools to successfully overcome obstacles, thrive in the face of adversity and reach their goals."

There are five ingredients of Fishful Thinking: optimism, Emotional Awareness, Goal Setting/Hope, Resilience and Empowerment. As I learn more about this program I will be sure to share my knowledge with you.

Tonight I'm going to start by doing a "Happiness Scavenger Hunt" with my kids. This is done by creating a list of simple, pleasureable items or exeperiences and then devoting 30-60 minutes daily to doing things on the list. I can't wait. Both for them and for me.

And tomorrow, I will be starting something else new and wonderful. I can't wait to share it with you all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Now I'm going to have to check out this Fishful Thinking! :-) Sounds great!