Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The call you don't want...

Babysitter: hey, is Jazz coming here today?
Me: yes. Why, is she not there?
Babysitter: Nope.
Me: What time does she usually get there?
Babysitter: 15 minutes ago.

So, as my heart is pounding out of my chest, I call the school bus garage.

Me: yeah, I'm just have a question about my daughter's bus.
Lady: What school?
Me. (*********)
Lady: Bus ABC?
Me: yup.
Lady: I was just getting ready to call people. There was a little fender bender and we are dispatching another bus to pick up the kids and finish the route.

Yup, that's right. the bus got into an accident. Nobody was hurt (thank goodness) but the almost funny thing is when Lyric was in kindergarten this happened like 3 times within a month. It was crazy. I think that bus driver finally got let go. let's hope that this is not a sign of things to come.

Anyway, Jazz made it to the sitter about a half hour late and was laughing so I guess she's not bothered by the whole thing.

1 comment:

Sooz said...

Yes, that is not a phone conversation any parent wants to have! Glad it all turned out OK.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!