Friday, August 18, 2006

One Short day in the Emerald City...

WICKED totally rocked. It was no Rick Springfield concert, but it was so totally worth it. I must say, if you enjoy musicals and have a change to see this, you must go!

We left on time, got to Chicago just about when expected, parked fairly easily and then were able to shop a bit and grab some food. First time the girls and I ate Popeyes, and I must say, it was really good.
We hit a little leather bag store (I wish I could remember the name of it) They had the cutest little purses and everything was on sale. However, when you are looking at leather, sale is still out of my prcie range.
We spend some time in Borders, and that was it's own experience. This Borders had 3 levels. Ours is big, but boring (no offense- I love Borders). Anyway, spend a half an hour in the kids section. Who knew there were so many cool books for kids! I wanted to pick up some of the books to read myself. However, I was slightly disturbed by one thing. "Flowers In The Attic" was in the young adult section. What the (%&$? I know I was a teeenager when I read it, but there is no way that my 11 year old is going to read that book. I guess I need to pay closer attention to what she's reading. Anyway, then we headed down the street to the Ford Center/Oriental Theater.

The Oriental Theater was beautiful! Let me say that again BEAUTIFUL. I was amazing. I was glad that we got in there before the lights went out. The sucky thing was that we weren't allowed to take pictures. It was beautiful. Okay. anyway. On to the actual show...

The sets were fantastic and the costuming was amazing. The actors did a great job and mostly stayed true to the soundtrack. I liked that they were able to tweak some parts to fit their voices, instead of straining, and in that way, made the songs their own. This is definitely the untold story of Oz. Lots of twists and turns, but fun to watch. I must admit, I would almost be willing to see it again. Michelle, the other mom who went with, and I agree that a girls weekend to New York to see the orginial just might be in the plans for out future. It was a wonderful night, the girls had a great time (the 11 year olds are in love with Fiyero) and we didn't even get lost. Okay, a little, but that's because mapquest didn't know that our off ramp would be closed. We still managed to get home by 1am...even bigger than that, we GOT HOME. Anyway, go see WICKED, or at the very least, listen to the soundtrack. You will not be disappointed.

Til next time~
Aim :)

No comments: