Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time for a Tattoo

Amy at Escape to Thought posed a very good question.  If you were to get a tattoo right now what would it be? I've actually considered getting a tatttoo off and on over the years, but I wanted it to be something special and meaningful.  If I was to go today, I would get a tattoo of a dotted eighth note with a pair of dance shoes hanging from the flag.  It would be on my inner left arm, up near the elbow.

I know you are thinking that's kind of weird and unusual.  Let me tell you a little bit about why this would (and probably will be) my tattoo.

About a year ago, a situation occured within my family that shook it to the core.  Without going into the gory details (and to protect those involved) one of the outcomes was that Lyric started cutting herself.  At first the story was that she fell, and I almost bought it, but then I opened my eyes a bit more and realized what it really was.  So, for the past 11 1/2 months we have been dealing with that.  She gets angry/frustrated/hurt and she has the urge.  She hasn't cut herself for almost a month now.  This is great news.  But I worry all the time that she will have a bad day and cut herself, or worse.

Lyric's favorite music note is a dotted eighth note.

Jazz is a dancer, hence the nickname.  Since dance is a big part of her life, I would incorporate the dance shoes. 

It was either this or have a tattoo for each girl and I'm not quite ready for that yet.

The placement on the arm is because that's where Lyric has done most of her cutting.  There is also a to write love on her arm movement. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

That would be cool!

Unknown said...

How cool!