Wednesday, June 09, 2010

What's In Your Planner....

I am a planner. An organizer.  A list maker.  There is nothing more exciting to me than checking things off a list.  Which is why I like to be able to carry my calendar/planner with me.  So I use the 5.5 x 8 inch size.  It seems though, about every 6 months, I feel the need to try something else.  I once spent $30 on the full size planner that would let me keep track of my whole families actitivies.  Yup, used it for a few months and then threw it away.  It was too big to be effective because I couldn't put it in my purse.  I've used the Franklin Cover 7 hole daily and weekly styles (thanks, Mom!).  I have found that weekly works best for me, but I like to have a monthly view for things like birthdays and anniversaries as well.  I try to write my "to do" lists in my planner as well, because, seriously, if  I don't write it down, it is sooooo not going to happen. 

But I have to wonder, is this the best system for me??  It seems like I am still missing/forgetting somethings.  It also seems like there might be more that I should keep track of (or maybe not).  So, I am asking you, my bloggy friends, what type of planner/calendar/organizer system do you use?  and do you feel that it really works well for you??

Just because I am feeling generous, there will be a special something for one poster (but only if you leave me an email addy I can reach you at)

No comments: