Monday, June 21, 2010

Priorities

I'm really good at wanting to try different things, or putting too much on my plate, or not always thinking things through but I've been doing a little soul searching today.  Mostly because this math class is kicking my butt!  I took it because I wanted to have an associate's degree.  I don't need it, because I've already been accepted to nursing school (which I got reregistered for, BTW).  And it's HARD.  So, I got to thinking, what do I really want?  What do I really want to do?  What is sooo important that I want to spend my time on it?  Here's what I've come up with:

* quality time with the girls, even if that is just sitting down to watch a half hour show per day. 
*I want to be a writer.  I have several books either done or almost done, so with a little effort, I could have them on Lulu by the end of the summer
*I want to be a nurse.  Plans for this are underway.
*raising the girls to be strong, independent, respectful, loving, caring, compassionate people.
*Happiness.  I know everybody's happiness is their own.  I know what I want and need to make me happy.  There is a plan in place, but it's not all up to me.  I'm working toward this goal and I would say, within 12-18 months I will be there.  More on this will come out later, I'm sure.
*I want the girls to have a good relationship with their dad.  I can help facilitate that, but a lot of it is on him. I will support them as much as I can.
*I want to be more organized than I already am.  Some may think that this isn't possible, but trust me, there is always room for improvement.  I need to take a little time to map out some things (activities, paperwork, etc) and then put the plan into motion.
* I want more family time.  My extended family lives about 4 hours away, which isn't really that long of a drive.  So, I'm going to work on getting up to see them at least 2 x a year. 

I think that's enough goals in place for now.  As always, things may get tweaked and changed but it's at least a place to start.

What are your goals and dreams??

No comments: