Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shaving Tips...A PSA from me to you

I don't usually get too personal here because well, it's personal. But today I decided to share something I haven't told many people.

I have sensitive skin. It's getting better, but I used to have to use baby laundry detergent on my own clothes. I would itch and get red and well, you know, it ain't pretty.

I hated shaving my legs because they would get bumpy and red and itchy. Then I started using Nair. Smells yummy (NOT!). After one of my girls had some other sort of rash, I found .Gold Bond Medicated Powder This stuff is a freaking life saver! I would sprinkle it on after I shaved my legs and never get the itchies or the bumpies or the redness. Life was good. Until it turn summer. Who wants to walk around with white, powdery legs.

One day, in a lazy moment when I didn't have any ladies shave gel handy, I used conditioner. Yes, that's right. The same stuff you put on your hair to keep it soft and silky. Works Wonders! Now it's all I used. A nice thin-ish layer of conditioner on your legs and then shave as normal. No itching, no bumps, no redness. Seriously! I'm not making this up. I've used all kinds of conditioner with the same wonderful results, so you don't need to spend a fortune, just grab the cheap stuff and go. And the good news: it's actually less expensive than the shave gel anyway! (well, some of it is)

If you have ever had the above mentioned issues, try the conditioner thing and let me know how it works out for you.

And by the way, what's up with razors that have scented handles?? I picked up a pack last night and was surprised to open it and smell lemons! WTF?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scented razors? That would be cool. I usually steal my husband's razors, which have the "aftershave" smell.