Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Rain, Sleet and Snow- Oh, my!

yes, my fellow readers, I am getting the most awful winter weather! Rain starting last night, into sleet and, since the temp has dropped, now snow. The roads are slippery...the sidewalks slushy....and my brain mushy!

Finals are over (for me) and I'm *this* close to getting an A in art. Seriously. I took my final last night and then was able to figure my percent overall right away. 89.7% So, if they round up to an even percent, I'll have a 90- which is an A. If no rounding, a B. I hate, hate, hate being that close and not being able to do anything about it. I really, really,really want an A. Grades are due by Friday, and will be available to me next week. I'll let you know.

Jazz's first performance at her new school got cancelled due to the aforementioned weather. Which is good, we don't have to be out in this stuff, but bad because when will they reschedule it?? Next Tuesday when we are having our girl scout holiday party? Wednesday, when she has dance? After the winter break? I'm sure she'll bring a note home today.

Speaking of winter break- when did it become winter break instead of Christmas Break? Same with Spring Break instead of Easter?? Spring Break is for College kids. Not my 9 year old. I know that it's basically the same thing, and I am very open to other people, cultures, ideas and whatnot. I do however take offense that my kids can't sing "traditional" Christmas songs at school (you know, all the ones we sang) because we might offend somebody. If you are that easily offended, well, I don't know what to say. Instead of "Silent Night" or "Away in a manger" Jazz is singing some song about Martha Stewart. Yup, that's right. Martha has made her way into the Holiday Program. I know this, 1) because Jazz has been practicing and 2) because Lyric did this same performance when she was in 4th grade.

I hope that I have not offended anybody as that is never my intention. What are your thoughts on Holiday vs Christmas? Let's dish.

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH girl, the weather here is awful too...its HOT and rainy and supposed to turn cold soon.

Good luck, I hope you get your A!

I hate when they try to change anything not to offend people. What the heck did they do years ago, and where did these offended people COME from? If you ask me, they need to go back where they came from.

lynn said...

Our kids get to sing the Christmas song but then they also do a Hanukkah song too.

Good luck with your grade it art. Hope they round up!!