Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dis'd on the radio...

(Do people still say dis'd??)

Okay, so it wasn't me that was dis'd, but the one and only---Rick Springfield. This morning, hubby had on the radio while in the shower, I went in to help the youngest finish getting ready (does nobody understand the concept of punching a time clock except me???) and Man Cow was on the radio. He was playing a snippet of "people are people" (I can't remember who it's by, but you know the song- "people are people so why it should it be that you and I can't get along- or something like that)....anyway, then Man Cow says "Worst lyrics ever written, except for the Rick Springfield" and then they play a snippet of "Jessie's Girl". Hubby and I both laugh but for different reasons. Hubby enjoys any cut downs of the Rickster...I enjoyed the fact that he was mentioned on the radio AT ALL, and if you know anything about me, you know that Jessie's Girl is my LEAST FAVORITE SONG of all time. (Sorry, Rick) It's not a bad song, it's just not his best song. Unfortunately, Jessie's Girl and Rick Springfield go hand in hand, unless you have followed his career at all. Then, into the car, on the way to the babysitter's. "mom, play Jessie's Girl," say the youngest daughter. "I'm not even sure I have Jessie's Girl on my ipod," I say. I hear the collective gasp of my fellow Rick fans right now, but it's true, I wasn't sure. I checked, and yes I do, Both versions (Ricks and Frickin' A's) So I let the little one listen to JG for the 2 minutes it takes to get to the sitter's house. Am I a super cool mom or what?!?!?!?

Then I get to work and one of my co workers says, "Amy. Rick Springfield. November 17. St Charles. I've been meaning to tell you. Are you going?" (See some people are looking out for me! ) But I am not going. Too much other stuff going on right now. Can't do it.

But I am anxiously awaiting the new Christmas CD- "Christmas with you". I preordered from CD Universe.(www.cduiniverse.com) CD and Shipping for under $11. I know that if you order it from Rick's Merchandise (www.ricksmerch.com) you can get it right away, as they started shipping on Oct 15. I was willing to wait and pay a little less. It's mostly covers, with one "remix" and one new song "Christmas with you" which can be heard (a part of it anyway) at www.rickspringfield.com. Check it out!

No comments: