Friday, July 28, 2006

going back to school...and General Hospital

I went to the informational meeting last night and it was good. I got the name of somebody who could actually help me with getting the class that I need. I also found out that it's probable that I won't get to start nursing classes next fall, but very likely for the following spring, so that would only put my "BIG PLAN" back one semester (6 months). I can handle that. I think.

Anyway, I called the lady today (Thanks, Patti) and she helped me get into the math class that I need. She was actually able to force me in, and found out that somewhere along the line there was a computer glitch (when they switched systems or something) so if I find the same class at a different time (IE one that works better for my schedule) I can call her and she will switch it for me. I was also able to get into the A & P class that I need. I really needed it before I can take the next class (microbiology) so I signed up for the only class that actually had an opening. It is not even close to the ideal time, but when you are down to the wire, beggars can't be choosers.

Then I went to look at the books. ($300 if bought brand new) YIKES! I did a little research and was able to find a couple of them on amazon so instead of $150, they will only cost $35 plus shipping and handling. Woo Hoo! I'm still looking for the others but I think they may be "special" and I may have to get them at the college. But still, I saved over $100 right off the bat.

Now I have to check in with financial aid and see about getting a student loan, and/or check with hubby about how he would like to pay for these classes, since work doesn't pay for them until I pass them. And we have a little over 2 weeks to come up with the money.

On a little side note: General Hospital was totally awesome yesterday, and it sounds like it continued today. There is one yucky storyline winding down, and one GREAT one coming up. It made it worth watching again, and I must say, Jason Thompson is doing a fine job as Dr Patrick Drake! And as always, Kimberly McCullough as Dr Robin Scorpio is great. I'm glad that they did not try to recast this character. I don't think it would have had half as much impact if they had. Now, if Dr P Drake's daddy would just make an appearance today (and I don't know yet that he doesn't) that would be the icing on the cake!

Wish us luck for tomorrow's softball tournament! We play first thing in the morning...can you say coffee and softball for Mommy!?!?!? :)

Till next time~
C Ya, Amy

No comments: