Monday, February 01, 2010

The Final Countdown

This is my last week as a secretary.  Next Monday (well, after jury duty), I go back to being a CNA.  I'm excited and scared about the change.  I'm nervous about not doing a good job (I am a little out of practice)  but looking forward to learning (and relearning) things.  I will be going back to working every other weekend, but that means more time off during the week.  (Can you say quiet time to study?!?)  Also, I won't need to use personal time for doctor appointments and stuff because I can do it on my days off.

I'm planning a weekend away with my mom and my girls in the near future, as well as a Mommy Day Away.  Just a quick overnight by myself.  Yup, that's right.  Nobody but me.  And don't call me because unless it's something I deem an emergency, I ain't gonna respond.  I know that's a little selfish, and I know you moms are thinking "How the hell can I get one of those?"  Just do it!  You deserve it.  Trust me, somebody can handle your kids for 24-36 hours.  Really, they can.  If you do end up making this happen, please feel free to stop back by and comment about it.

1 comment:

lynn said...

A mommy day away sounds like an awesome idea! Where are you going? Or are you going to wait and share that after it happens?
Good luck with you new job!