Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Holidays...

The holiday season is bearing down on us...everybody is rushing to buy presents and send Christmas cards. People are rushing to the mall, the local WalMart or to the closest computer. Spending is up, even at a time when disposable income is down. I know people who buy everything their kids want so they can have a good Christmas. Tha's great, but when they get everything that they want at Christmas, they expect that to happen all year long. I know other people who only buy their kids 3 gifts...Baby Jesus received three gifts and so do they. Fisher and I fall somewhere in the middle. We try to get the kids things that they want, without being too crazy...and three gifts under the just doesn't seem enough.

If you are looking to do something wonderful and meaning full and have a few extra dollars to give, check out the link below.
http://www.jasonthompson.org/XMAS%202007.html

Gold Star Mothers deserve our support and respect, and I for one, am happy to be loosely associated with the girls that are putting this fundraising effort together.

2 comments:

ALLY2HisHeart said...

Thanks for the Gold Star Moms campaign mentiom, Amy. Finally got your blog here bookmarked so I can comment more. Beware...

LOLOL at the posters on the wall! Different generation, but same kinda thing. I love it!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

XXOOXX
Ally

lynn said...

Happy Holidays to you too Amy! I'm still here :) I hear ya about the time management comment you made on my blog! I'm sooo bad at that but I'm working on it.