Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Turnabout is Fair play....


(this picture was taken by Hannah)
Last weekend, I had to joy of taking my two girls to a Rick Springfield concert. Their second, however, the younger one was too little last time to remember. If you know anything at all about me, you probably know that I have been a Rick Springfield fan since I was 12...yes, that's right, since I was 12. So, I was very much looking forward to experiencing the concert on 7/7/07. Not only with my girls, but with friends new and old. My friend, Melissa and her daughter went with (actually, Melissa drove) Anyway, it was good show, though hot and humid, but the kids seemed to have a good time. Rick was playful as always. And though I didn't get to hear my favorite song "Wasted", I did enjoy myself.



So why is it, do you think, that I haven't stopped listening to Nickelback since that night?! I have 110 Rick songs on my ipod and 19 Nickelback, guess what's getting the most airplay?! See, this is what happened. Melissa had 2 Nickelback CD's in her car. We listened to them all the way to the show and all the way home. Something about the music has SUCKED ME IN! I guess I should say, sucked me in farther. I have always liked Nickelback. When I would here one of their songs, I would sing along. But now, Nickelback is my music of choice. I'm so sorry, Rick, that you have been temporarily replaced....I don't think this has every happened before and it's all Melissa's fault.


I guess since I turned her on to Rick a few years ago, and now she looks forward to his shows as much as I do, turnabout is fair play. If Rick and Nickelback were both doing shows on the same day, I would be hard pressed to pick...So, I'm leaving the picking up to Melissa...:-)

1 comment:

lynn said...

Rick will always be my first love, but Nickelback is awesome too! There isn't one song I don't like on the latest CD (All the Right Reasons). Hubby and I saw them in the Chicago area back in 2003. Great show!