Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Movies, Movies and More Movies

I would have to say that this past weekend was the biggest movie weekend I've had since my birthday weekend. Actually, bigger. Birthday weekend, Kelley and I watched 3 movies. This past weekend, I watched 4. It must be summer time.

Friday night, my sister in law and I watched "Music and Lyrics". Kind of corny, but lots of funny one liners. Then we watched "Freedom Writers". Good casting, good story. It's nice to see that good can come out of bad places. Saturday night I saw Erin Gruwell on C Span, doing a Q & A from Chicago, and she had more to tell of the story. I was glad that I had seen the movie before I saw her talking, because everything really made sense.

Saturday, SIL and I went to lunch and then to see "Premonition"..you know, Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon. (What is it about those men from Australia!?!?) What a freaky movie. I liked it, but I think I need to see it again, just to piece everything together in my head. Kind of like watching "Sixth Sense" for a second time. You look for those little nuances of information that will help tell the whole story. What I walked away from that movie with was "DESTINY". You can change the process but you can't change the outcome.

Then, because I was home alone, and I had to return videos anyway, I rented "Catch & Release". That was another one that I think I would watch again. I was writing/editing while I was watching it, so I'm sure that I missed some stuff. But overall it was cute, funny, and had a happy ending. There were a few cute one liners in that movie too.

Okay, that's all for now.

Aim

No comments: